Friday, August 5, 2011

Jolly Jellyfish Craft Project #2

Here is another version of a Jellyfish Craft Project. This very inexpensive craft is made with a small recycled plastic container and some strips of bubble wrap.

The previous post has a jellyfish made with a paper or styrofoam plate and tissue paper







Materials
  • small recycled plastic container
  • bubble wrap (I had a pkg. from Dollar Tree!)
  • scissors
  • glue (that dries clear)
  • thin string or yarn for hanging

I got the idea for this jellyfish from Looledo.  Click here to see Looledo's Jellyfish Craft. They also used some cotton (placed inside the plastic container) and added eyes.
I wanted to make a smaller version so I checked our kitchen cabinets. My husband loves those little containers of applesauce for a snack. He willingly ate the applesauce (and washed the container) so I could have the body for my jellyfish sample.




Here are the easy directions.




  • Find, wash, and recycle a plastic container.
  • Cut approximately 9 strips of bubble wrap.
  • Glue the bubble wrap strips inside the container.
  • Punch a small hole in the plastic container if you want to hang the jellyfish.
  • Thread the yarn or string through the hole and make a knot inside the cup.
  • Children may want to decorate their jellyfish.

Visit an earlier post for some wonderful resources to help the kids learn about jellyfish. Click here.


If you decide to make these jellyfish with the kids, please let me know what recyclables you used.








____________________________________________________

9 comments:

  1. What a fun craft! We're having an Under the Sea "party" next week, so I'll add this to the list! :) Happily following your wonderful blog.

    Mandi from boredombustingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandi, Thanks for visiting. I'm following you too as many places as I can. Love all your ideas.
    Marcia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like this idea with the bubble wrap. We did some last week too but I used curling ribbon. Like this idea that recycles as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so fun! I love the use of bubble wrap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and better yet- it's made of recycled material! Thank you for sharing this with us on The Sunday Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  6. we had a lot of fun making these with my Beaver Scouts, we used tin foil dishes and tissue paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I think it's wonderful that you work with the scouts...such a great organization for kids! :)
      Thanks for stopping by.
      Marcia :)

      Delete
  7. I made this to do with my grandkids. I'm using plastic fruit cups and bubble wrap I keep around from merchandise shipped to me. I colored the plastic cups with sharpies and used 1/2" glue dots to secure the strips of bubble wrap. It turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your variation! Keep having fun with your grandkids! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...